- Make sure your intonation has been checked.
- Try to have reasonably new strings ( a year old is not reasonable).
- If you have a problem with your jack, it’s a lot cheaper to have it fixed then burn studio time trying to fix takes that have been ruined from your guitar cutting out.
- A setup by a competent guitar tech is well worth it. They will usually do the intonation as well as set the action and check truss rod, neck and fret issues. Your guitar will play like a race car rather than an old VW bug.
- This seems trivial but I usually cut the excess string off so it doesn’t make extra noise. Other offending areas can be the springs from a tremelo bar (treat with tissue paper lightly stuffed in the cavity) and the string tree area of the headstock (tissue paper again).
Share and Enjoy